1. What if I can’t afford the registration fees?
If you want to hike but can’t afford it, Peggy and Peter are looking for hikers to sponsor! Just send us an email about what Spencer’s life meant to you and/or how Spencer’s death has inspired you. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What do I need to bring for hiking?
Don’t forget rain gear, cold weather gear (if you plan to hike to the top of Mary Jane), sun screen and water. Hiking boots are not a necessity for any of these hikes.
3. What is the money used for?
The Hike for Spencer raises money for the Spencer Nelson Memorial Fund-Winter Park Ski Education Foundation, which helps athletes with travel costs as they attain the national level of competition in their sport.
The history of a Hike for Spencer and the athletes that have received grants can be found on the Event History page.
4. What do I need to bring for camping?
- For the outdoor adventurer, you will need a sleeping bag and a tent. Small camp fires will be prohibited so bring a camp stove or plan on dinner in Winter Park.
- For the less adventurous, consider car camping – we have lots of parking.
- For the non-adventurous, there are plenty of condos and hotel available, go to Winter Park Resort’s Website for more information.